something else

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Thinking Positive

Another summer has come to an end.  It has been a full one, a busy, somewhat hectic one but an enjoyable one nonetheless.  I am extremely grateful for the opportunities I have been given and the hope that has arisen from the obstacles that have been set before me.  I have been very fortunate.

Every so often my husband is approached about relocating for his job. There have been numerous opportunities throughout the years to start anew somewhere else.  For years he has always dismissed the idea of moving out of state, saying I would not survive away from my family even though I had always been up to the challenge and willing for the adventure. It was only recently he admitted he was the one who didn't relish the idea of starting over somewhere else and not having family around, this revealed to me after an out of state job interview. I have to admit, I am grateful we never took that path and I often wonder if things happens for a reason. 

He is gone more than he is home due to his work, nothing new about that, although September was an exception, not because the out of state work has dwindled, on the contrary, but rather, due to him wanting to be here because of some personal issues and concerns of mine.  I have a round of tests later today which I am not looking forward to but needless to say, hoping for favorable results.  And if everything looks good, Kenna and I will be planning for a road trip next week. I so enjoy it when she's off from school.