something else

Monday, December 8, 2014

In Search of Answers

My daughter Kenna had another one of her "spells".  It's been a month since her doctor's visit and we still don't know why these sudden bouts happen, one of my fears at the moment besides a diagnosis of something grim is her having one of these episodes when I'm not around and can't get to her. She did have one awhile ago when she was with her aunt, it wasn't as bad as previous ones and they were close enough to where my sister could get her to me.
It's been a struggle for me sending her off to school knowing she's up and down stairs all day and, God forbid she have one of these episodes while manipulating one of the staircases or maneuvering through the busy hallways, it alarms me to think what could happen. I know, I'm thinking and worrying too much - like I haven't heard that before. - I'm a mother, that's what I do.

Her last one was a doozy not to mention quite frightening because it happened while she showered. When she passed out she hit her head on the tile wall  just missing the faucet when she fell, and she fell hard.  It's amazing how much your mind can wonder and imagine the worse thing possible as you run to their aid.  We found her on the shower floor unconscious and when she came to, as I held her in my arms, she looked up at me and commented, "At least I was done with my shower".  Always the optimist.