something else

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

2015

It's been a full, and at times, somewhat hectic year so far.

Hubby and I just spent a wonderful weekend over the border, a surprise getaway I originally wasn't to keen about when told to pack for it without knowing what we were doing or where we were going.
We arrived at our destination, Niagara-on-the-lake, and spent 2 full days enjoying the sights, food, and entertainment. It's been a couple years since I last attended a theatre performance and I wasn't disappointed when we arrived at the Shaw Festival for one of their performances. It wouldn't have been a play I would have picked, but I was happy to be there nonetheless. And while it was nice to get away, just the two of us, it was even better to get home to Kenna and Cruz.




Kenna's health issue has subsided somewhat and we are extremely relieved. It's been awhile since her last episode, but, we are very aware it can happen at any time, which made me a little nervous taking off over the border this past weekend. 

Cruz has had a few issues as well, and went in for testing. He had an EKG among other tests. He was such a little champ hooked up to the machines.  



My daughter has cut my days watching him from 5 to 3 days, he has now graduated to attending daycare 2 days a week, not because I needed the break, but, because he needed the interaction with other children, which I'd have to agree, he really did. He had become very clingy with me and would run to me when he'd become upset or hurt rather than going to his mother or father. I have often thought maybe it bothered my daughter, but she has reassured me, it does not. I actually teared up today saying goodbye to him knowing I won't see him for two weeks. Yes, we are off again. Which reminds me, I have to go pack.